How Tone Improves Client Communication

It was the tone!

At 51Blocks we strive to have the best communication with every one of our clients. Since what you actually say is only 5% of communication, we have found that tone tremendously helps conversations. Justine, a local search expert, talks about the techniques that she uses to communicate with clients effectively. Be sure to leave your questions and comments about client communication on our YouTube page!

Transcription: Hi, my name is Justine. I’m with 51Blocks, and this is your Friday afternoon confessional. Today, really what I want to talk about is brand posting on social media. So, a lot of times when I have businesses come in and they’re starting a new social media campaign, the biggest thing that I’m seeing from them is that they’re typically only posting about their own brand. So they’re gonna post about the services they’re doing and how great they are at the services they’re doing, and that’s about it; that’s all they’re posting.

So, as much as that sounds like a pretty good idea on paper, it doesn’t really work out in social media; there’s a few reasons why. My best example I can give you is, everyone’s been on Facebook. Have you ever had that one friend that only posts a selfie of themselves or they’re only talking about themselves? It gets really boring. It gets a little aggravating to only see someone talk about themselves. Well, a lot of times the best things about Facebook are the sharing of information, sharing funny videos, sharing funny images, memes even. I tell this to businesses because it’s the same principal. The best way to get user engagement is to utilize all of those things that people are sharing on Facebook all the time, that people love seeing. So whether it’s a funny video, or an image that relates to your business as maybe humorous, or you have a tip that you want to share with your users or with your Facebook fans, those are all great things to share because they may get shared by your fans on Facebook and then you’ll eventually just get more likes from it.

So, in general with social media and businesses I always use the 80/20 rule. 20% of your posting can be about your brand, can be about what you’re doing, the services you offer; and then the other 80%, try posting something else. Try posting a funny video, relevant articles that you find, you know; do your best to not keep it too controversial just because you don’t want to ever get into that misstep as business where you post something that’s causing a lot of controversy, and maybe, you know, pushing away a certain part of your consumer base. But just find fun things to post and things that you as a business find relevant to your brand, and I guarantee they’ll help up your user engagement and get you more fan likes.

Thanks, and have a great Friday.

About The Author

Brittany Filori
Brittany Filori

Brittany is an accomplished COO & current CEO of 51Blocks who has written 3 digital marketing books including White Label Digital Marketing: How to Effectively Scale Your Agency for Time & Financial Freedom. Brittany is an expert on how agency owners can remove themselves from the day-to-day operations and focus on selling to scale. She helped create The Just Sell Method™ which has helped 300+ partners grow their book of clients and become more profitable with their own digital marketing agency. Brittany is passionate about leadership, operations, and agency growth.

Related Posts


51Blocks vs

Want to know the difference between our two brands? 51Blocks vs is a common question! For