Early yesterday morning, we began noticing that clients who have the new dashboard were displaying a red error message beneath the category section.
When I looked into the category section, I noticed a variety of seemingly random categories have been added. Some of which custom categories that Google wouldn't normally allow:
At first, i thought someone else had access to this listing and were making changes to their listing, once i started noticing this problem happening for several of my clients, I knew something must be up. I contacted Google Help today and they told me that Google has just rolled out an update and these weird categories are populated data from around the web. Google is now seeking to assign categories themselves to your services. As of now, they are really bad at it (surprise surprise)